Company Profile
Home » English Home » Company Outline » History

History

 

February 1935 Company established using 200,000 yen capital, under name of Tanaka Paint Industries Co., Ltd., based at 1-35 Komagome, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
February 1937 Began production of Phenol Formaldehyde Resins and molding compounds
April 1939 Moved to 4-11-26 Nishi-Rokugou, Ota-ku, Tokyo
June 1940 Changed name to Fudow Chemical Industries Co., Ltd., and began to build the basis of the existing company
November 1944 Began production of phenolic resins laminate materials
April 1957 Company capital reaches 230 million yen. Entered into close business partnership with Japan Gas Chemical Co., Ltd. (now Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc)
October 1961 Floated jointly on Tokyo and Osaka Stock Exchanges
March 1962

Began manufacturing diallyl phthalate molding compounds. Company capital rises to 375 million yen.

April 1970 Began manufacturing large-scale molded plastic products at Hiratsuka Plant
April 1972 Began manufacturing Unsaturated polyester  molding compounds
April 1976 Succeeded in manufacturing reinforced phenolic resin, as an alternative to using metal in machine tools sector
April 1981 Begin sales of reinforced phenolic resin parts for machine tools (machining centers), as well as carbon fiber composite phenolic resin parts
December 1985 Company capital reaches 550 million yen
December 1988 Acquired and merged with three related subsidiaries (Central Kasei Co., Ltd., Taiyo Sangyo Co., Ltd. and Fudow Trading Co., Ltd.), to form new trade registration of Fudow Co., Ltd.
June 1991 Increased capitalization to 1.058 billion yen
October 2001 Transferred manufacturing base of thermosetting resins molding compounds to Fujinomiya Plant
November 2001 Moved Head Office to 7-20, Nishi-Kamata, Ota-ku, Tokyo
September 2002 Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc., transferred business rights to Xylene Formaldehyse Resins to Fudow Co., Ltd.
April 2003 Became 100% owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc. through exchange of stock
April 2005 Acquired 100% ownership of Taiyo Sangyo Co., Ltd.
March 2007 Acquired 100% ownership of Y.K.M. Co., Ltd.
October 2008 Merged with Macroboard, Co., Ltd., to acquire Gamagori Plant
May 2010 Moved Head Office to Shin-Yokohama, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama
  | HOME | Company Profile | Products | Molding/Processing | Molding Related Sales | Environment/Quality |
| What's new | Recruitment | Research & Development | Contact | Sitemap |